This version was released on 28th May 2013.
- It is now possible to set keywords and comparison sites from within a report. When these settings are missing, these options are highlighted.
- Added Content Management test, which checks for any Content Management Systems used by a website. Small websites (<10 pages) are not penalized for not using a CMS.
- Added Domain Age test, which checks the age of the domain name used by the website, and scores older domains higher (on a logarithmic scale).
- Sitebeam is significantly faster.
- The add website screen has been redesigned to allow you to add comparison sites without adding keywords.
- Sitebeam handles sites with very few numbers of pages more gracefully, suppressing warnings once the user has accepted them.
- Numerous and extensive usability tweaks throughout.
- Progress should recover in the event your internet connection or Sitebeam’s servers fail at any point.
- The Incoming links test now scores more generously overall for the same volume of links (approximately a 15% gain).
- The Search Engine Ranking test and Content Keywords test are now never ‘boring’, which mean they are not automatically hidden if no keywords are specified.
- The Broken files test is now called Missing files.
- The Images usage test is now deprecated. It can be enabled on demand if so desired.
- The Site structure test is now deprecated. It can be enabled on demand if so desired.
- Presentations are now deprecated, and can now only be enabled on demand. They will be completely removed for all users by Sitebeam 6.
- Sitebeam now handles one page sites which redirect back to their homepage duplicate and doesn’t consider these two pages (this has a slight trade off: some sites which were unspiderable won’t be automatically handled as a result).
- Refined the text and labels used by various tests, to make them easier to understand.
- Previously Sitebeam would spider 403 pages on purpose, despite these being errors; this behavior was intended to allow certain troublesome sites to be spidered. This behavior is now disabled by default, as it was causing problems with other sites that used 403 errors correctly; you can enable it under Site Settings > Pages to test > Ignore HTTP errors and spider everything.
- Fixed bug where adding keywords on the add website screen could cause the automatically generated comparison sites never to return.
- Fixed bug where a phone number of 0000 0000000 could be incorrectly detected.
- Fixed bug where some metrics being set to zero would not display as expected.
- Fixed bug where some Google search engines could not be selected.
- Fixed bug where the Twitter test wouldn’t detect Twitter pages that were linked to with an absolute fully qualified URL. Unusual URL formats could cause this to fail to detect some Twitter pages.
- Fixed bug where an email containing mixed case that wasn’t hyperlinked could be ignored by the Contact Details test.
- Fixed bug where a site with an excessively high number of redirections would not abort the spider cleanly, but instead would crash at the spider stage.
- Fixed bug where creating a site over a deleted site in the Trial could cause config options from the deleted site to mix with your new config options.