This version was publicly released on 9th June 2011.
- Users on credit-card subscriptions can now upgrade, downgrade or cancel their subscription from under the Account tab.
EU Cookie Law
- Added a new report type: Cookie Law test.
- The Summary and Comprehensive reports do not include the Cookie Law test by default, but you can add it to them if you wish.
- The old Cookies test has been completely rewritten and replaced with the new Cookie Law test.
- The new test lists all cookies used by a website, and indicates whether any of these cookies likely represent a violation of the new EU law.
- The new test does not contribute to the summary scores for a website.
Contact details test
- Test now smarter at discerning phone numbers from fax numbers (etc) based on context.
- Test no longer truncates excess digits for some obscure international phone numbers.
- Test now excludes some international company registration numbers automatically.
- URLs which contain unescaped colons can now be spidered, even though those URLs incorrectly designate an ambiguous URI type. These malformed URLs are now detected and processed as normal URLs.
- URLs that contain “;jessionid=xxx” now only have that fragment excluded, but the subsequent query parameters are retained.
- A Meta Refresh (specified in the HTTP headers or in the document) with a time of 1 second or less is now considered equivalent to a HTTP redirection, i.e. these pages are ignored apart from as a route to another page. This handles some legacy web applications which don’t define proper Location HTTP headers.
- Changed the way that attributes in partial quotes were interpreted to match most browsers. In particular, values set without an open quote but with a close quote no longer include the close quote in their value.
- Improved the performance of the transfer of results from the Test Server to the UI Server.
- Fixed an issue with some URLs that contained invalid parent paths, e.g.
www.example.com/../../test. These are now correctly evaluated throughout.
- Addressed some invalid multibyte string processing issues.
- Added option to talk to Silktide staff when using the SiteBeam demo.